sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx nvidia-kernel-common
- Should the above not enable the new driver, you can enable it manually by opening the X config file:
sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
- and replacing "nv" with "nvidia"
- Enable XvMC by creating the nVidia XvMC configuration file
sudo gedit /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
- Insert the following line into the new configuration file, to tell the players the name of the nVidia XvMC shared library:
- To use XvMC to accelerate video playback, use the following flags. See [] for more details.
xine -V xxmc filename.ts
mplayer -vo xvmc -vc ffmpeg12mc filename.ts