- ntel 915g, 945g, etc. graphics chipsets only have a limited set of resolutions initially installed, despite the correct driver being detected.
- Install the resolution altering tool:
sudo apt-get install 915resolution
- Run the following to see the availible modes:
- Choose a resolution you don't need and replace, for example the following changes 1920x1440 to 1920x1200
915resolution 5c 1920 1200
- This should add the option for that resolution to the "System>Preferences>Screen Resolution" tool.
- If it works correctly then you can make the change permanent:
sudo gedit /etc/rc.local
- Simply add the command you typed in above before: