In Terminal type the following commands.
- $ sudo apt-get update
- $ sudo apt-get install wine and then when it asks to approve type “yes”
- $ sudo wine
- $ sudo apt-get install recode and then when it asks to approve type “yes”
- Copy Adobe folder from “c:\Program Files\” to “/home/YOURNAME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/”
- Now you need to export the registry keys of the Adone Photoshop CS2;
- In your Windows box, type “regedit” in the command-line and export the whole “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Adobe/” to “adobe.reg”.
- The next step is to copy that file to your Ubuntu box and convert it to the encoding of YOUR system. For example, if your Ubuntu box has as default charset ascii and your Windows box has ucs-2 then “$ recode ucs-2..ascii adobe.reg” would do the trick. After you converted your adobe.reg file, type “$ sudo wine regedit adobe.reg” to import it to wine.
- That’s it! Type “$ sudo wine –winver winxp “[path to Photoshop]/photoshop.exe” or create a launcher and enjoy Adobe Photoshop CS2 on Ubuntu.