Open Terminal and type the following command.
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
- Add the following lines at the end of file
## Automatix repository
deb http://www.getautomatix.com/apt edgy main
- NOTE: Kubuntu/Xubuntu users will need to uncomment (remove the # before the word "deb") all the additional sources as well as add the automatix repository.
- Now save and close /etc/apt/sources.list and run the following commands from terminal (one by one, hitting enter after each step)
gpg --import key.gpg.asc
gpg --export --armor 521A9C7C | sudo apt-key add -
- Update APT
sudo aptitude update
- Run the following commands to install Automatix2
sudo aptitude install automatix2
- Automatix2 can be started from the the Menu
Menu -> System -> Automatix
- Automatix2 can be run from terminal by typing the folowing